Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What do you do when you can't sleep?


I know a lot of people have the same issue that I do, so it’s nothing special, but some nights (alright, most nights) I find it difficult to fall asleep. Even if I am completely exhausted, I will end up lying in bed unable to find sleep. What do I do, you ask? Good question. I’ll tell you what I do.
Play several rounds of angry birds.
Peruse Pinterest. Get way too interested in Pinterest. Momentarily forget I'm supposed to be trying to sleep.
Listen to the random song floating through my head. Some nights multiple times. (Last night? "No Diggity" by Blackstreet and Dr. Dre. Times played? 3.)

Fight with my blanket. Lose. Get irritated with said blanket.

Flop around from side to side, reminiscent of a fish rudely removed from its watery home.
More angry birds.
Use now forgiven blanket to turn myself into a burrito.
Imagine a watermelon.
No joke, when I am desperate to fall asleep and my mind won't shut up, I imagine every possible detail about a watermelon until it takes my complete focus. It actually works.

I am hopeful that tonight, my attempts to sleep are met with… well… sleep! I have lunch plans with one of my besties, who happens to be getting married this summer. So we are going to indulge in soup, salad, and breadsticks at Olive Garden (I may be addicted) and talk wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment