Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year's Eve


Alright, so this post is a little late, as it’s technically the 4th already, but hey, I’ve been busy ringing in the new year and going on lady dates with my best friend and such.

I had an absolutely fantastic New Year’s Eve, mostly because I spent it with some of my favorite people. One of my best friends (whom I affectionately refer to as ‘the blonde’) invited me to her home to ring in the New Year with her and her fiancé. Originally, there were supposed to be a few other people, but plans fell through and so it was just the three of us.

Her and I spent most of the day watching the 25th anniversary Les Miserables concert and geeking out, and then we watched a recording of a stage version of The Wizard of Oz in which her fiancé played the cowardly lion (and did an amazing job).

In a stroke of luck, another of my best friend’s was able to join us in the evening, and the four of us played some card games and had some drinks. I was planning on taking plenty of pictures, but we got so caught up in our games and having fun that we didn’t remember to photograph the night. We almost missed midnight because we were having so much fun.

With four minutes to midnight, we managed to rush and get in some last pictures of 2013 and then set off a couple fireworks as the clock struck midnight.







Cosmopolitans with the blonde.






Last picture of the three of us before 2013!















Fireworks!


















First official best friend picture of 2013!










I was planning on typing up a few hilarious quotes from the evening, of which there were a ton, but, well, as I was sufficiently inebriated I don’t really have enough recollection of what all was said to make a list.

However, there is this gem from Angelica while we were playing a card game called Rocketship. The first round of the game, each person is supposed to guess the color of their card. When it got to Angelica’s turn, this is what happened:

The Blonde: “Angelica: red or black?”
Angelica: “Blue!”

She was completely serious. It took her almost an entire minute to realize why the three of us were laughing so hard.

I hope everyone out there in the blogosphere had a wonderful New Year’s, and I wish everyone the best of luck in 2013!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh Angelica. LOL, blue. Anywho, looks like a fantastic New Years. May 2013 bring you many more happy memories!

    ReplyDelete