Saturday, December 29, 2012

Les Miserables


Tonight, my sister and I went to see Les Miserables. I have been waiting to see it for months, so I was freaking out all day waiting to get to the theater and experience it. I had heard from several friends that it was amazing, and it did not disappoint.

I don’t want to give anything away to anyone who may be waiting to see the movie, but I will say that, surprisingly, my favorite character was Fantine, played by Anne Hathaway. I’ve seen different productions of Les Mis in the past and never really connected with the character of Fantine, but Hathaway’s performance was spectacular. Though she was only present for maybe a quarter of the movie, I felt drawn to her and her story. Also, Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter made an excellent pair as the Thenardiers. Their version of Master of the House was fantastic, and their overall portrayal of the characters was on par throughout the movie.

Okay, I’m done rambling. Suffice it to say, go see the movie if you haven’t! All of the acting is on par, and I was so impressed with the entire cast. There are two roles that maybe could have been cast differently, but I was still impressed with the chosen actors.

Go! See it!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I may have to go check this out now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so cannot wait to watch this! Btw, I totally didn't know that Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen were in it :) Eeeep! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They weren't in any of the trailers or previews, but they play the main villains and they do it well! The Thenardiers are my favorite characters in the play, so I had high expectations and they surpassed them!

      Delete